Terms & Conditions
Welcome to 4x4tyre.ie, we sell our products to you subject to the conditions set out on this page.
Please read these conditions carefully before using our website. By using 4x4tyres.ie , you automatically signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
All services provided by our online shop for the customer are solely made on the basis of the following terms and conditions. With making an order a customer accepts the terms and conditions of the online shop. Amendments to the agreement are only valid if they are in written form and signed by the shop and the customer. Any verbal agreements require written confirmation.
Conditions Relating to the Sale of Products to You
1. Acceptance of terms of sale
By ordering the chosen goods via the Internet, the customer makes a binding offer to conclude a sales distance contract which enters into force at the moment of receiving goods. When you place an order to purchase a product from 4x4tyres.ie, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Please note that if you do not appear to have received a reply within one working day, it would be advisable to check any 'Junk Mail' or SPAM filters which may be installed on your system, prior to any further contact. Our reply may have been erroneously blocked by such software. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a dispatch confirmation e-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of the contract. By placing an order in the provided manner, the customer declares to have read all the information provided to them during the purchase process, and to accept the general conditions and payment. In case of non-availability of the ordered items, the customer is immediately informed by an e-mail. We have no control over stocks in our suppliers possession and thus are either no longer available or their changes in type or design. We hereby reserve the right to change the prices of the products in our offer and also to re-price errors. If they occur our clients will be immediately informed. Price lists and other advertising matter are only an indication of the type of goods offered, and no particulars therein shall be binding upon 4x4tyres.ie. All prices quoted therein are subject to alternation or withdrawal from time to time. The price given in any quotation by our company shall only be valid if it is accepted by making an order at the time of giving the quotation otherwise it shall be the price as at the date of acceptance by the company of the order from the customer. We can accept orders only from the customers who are over 18 years old. Payments cannot be made by fax, mail or telephone. Available items will be immediately shipped after receiving the payment receipt. In addition, we would like to warn you that an unpaid order will be automatically deleted after 10 days from the date on which it was made. 4x4tyres.ie fully reserves the right to accept or refuse orders, it also reserves the right to cancel any uncompleted order. Upon placing an order for tyres the customer shall be deemed to have determined by their own expertise the suitability of the tyres and the fitness of the goods for the particular use and purpose that he intends to use them for and shall not in any way rely upon the expertise of or of any statements made by 4x4tyres.ie or any of its agents or employees.
2. Dispatch and delivery
Online orders can be shipped to anywhere in Ireland. Delivery is free. Tyres can be delivered directly to your home address or to a work address.
The average delivery time for an existing order is between 3-5 working days (please note that all delivery times are subject to stock availability). Statutory delivery time is 30 days. The above mentioned time of delivery is non-binding and can be extended in case of labour disputes, strikes and lockouts and unforeseen obstacles that are beyond the control of the seller, e.g. delivery delays of suppliers, transportation malfunctions, material or energy shortages, etc. 4x4tyres.ie will endeavour to deliver the goods within the time agreed but in no circumstances will it be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever caused directly by any delay in the delivery of the goods. You will be notified by e-mail if we do not have your tyres in stock. In case of receiving an incorrect number of items, the customer is obliged to contact the customer service. If by reason of force majeure the completion of the delivery of the goods is in our opinion rendered impracticable our company shall be at liberty to terminate the order by sending an e-mail to our customer and refunding the money previously paid by the customer. When the goods are sent out, you will receive notification by an e-mail. This e-mail will serve as your invoice. 4x4tyres.ie reserves the right to accept or refuse orders. The company also reserves the right to cancel any uncompleted order or to suspend the delivery. In this case the customer receives their previously paid money back.
Goods will be supplied based on any information provided by the customer. It is not possible for you to change your delivery address once your order has been submitted online. If there is no one to receive your parcel at the intended address at the time of delivery, a card will be left, informing you about a delivery attempt. There will be a contact telephone number on it for your local shipping company branch. If you call the number on the card you will be able to re-book a delivery day, or arrange picking the parcel up from the depot. Your order will require a signature to accept the delivery.
On receipt of the tyres the customer is deemed to have examined the goods carefully and the signing of the delivery note is conclusive evidence that the customer has examined the tyres and that the goods are free of defects which should be apparent on inspection and the goods are those which the customer had ordered. Orders, depending on a number of tyres and their size, can be sent in a few packages delivered separately. Therefore, before signing the documents of delivery, we ask our customers to check if the number of tyres received is the same as the one printed on the shipping letter.
All prices are retail prices and include postage, packing and VAT. There is no difference according to number of the ordered tyres. All prices listed are in EURO.
We undertake to deliver the goods accordingly to what the customer has ordered. In case of receiving a different item than ordered, please contact our Customer Service Department via phone or e-mail.
3. Accepted payment methods
Under normal circumstances payment shall be made at the time that the order is placed. Payment may be made by, PayPal and major credit/debit card providers VISA nad MasterCard.
4. Cooling-off period
Under distance selling regulations you are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. In the case of a service, the cooling-off period begins on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
During the cooling-off period, you can cancel a distance contract without giving a reason and without incurring charges or penalties, other than the charge incurred in returning the goods.
In this instance tyres should be returned unused. Unused means the tyres must not have been mounted to a wheel or been in contact with the road.
Returning tyres during the cooling off period - 4x4tyres.ie can offer a collection service at €10 per tyre or you can return unwanted tyres at your expense.
We will not accept the return of tyres under the 14-day cooling-off period if the tyres were fitted.
Any defects in the Goods which under proper use appear within a reasonable period after delivery and which are due to faulty materials, workmanship or design will be made good by 4x4tyres.ie either by repair or, at the sole discretion of 4x4tyres.ie, by replacement or refund. Any claim for goods or the defective parts should be returned together with proof of purchase. Any claim for defective goods or parts must be made in writing (specifying the date of purchase and invoice number) within a resonable period.
Our careful handling of your personal details is of a great importance to us. Therefore, we appreciate your trust that we handle your personal information conscientiously.
Information, which we collect from you is used for the processing of orders, the delivery of goods and the provision of services as well as for payment settlements. We also use your details in order to communicate with you regarding orders, products, services and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other services on our instructions. All your data will be kept strictly confidential.
You have the right to revoke any given consents at any times. You have the right to information about your stored personal data and the right to correction, blocking and deletion of the data.
In order to guarantee the safety of your information during transfer we use Secure Socket Layer Software (SSL). This software encodes the information, which you transfer. We maintain strict physical, electronic and procedural safety measures in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of our customers' personal information. We assume that there is no liability for data security during their transmission over the Internet (for instance due to technical problems of the provider) or for any criminal third party access to files of our website. However, it is important for you to protect yourself against the unauthorized access to your password and your computer. If you share your computer with others you should take great care to log out after each session. We assume no responsibility for the access into confidential customer login.
7. Terms of Warranty
We are not the manufacturer of the goods supplied by us.
- 4x4tyres offers a warranty period of up to 6 years for the sold products from the day of purchase
- The warranty covers issues relating to manufacturing defects present at the time of purchase.
- Products sold by 4x4tyres.ie are covered with a full manufacturer’s guarantee.
- The warranty regards the quality that is compatible with the required quality standards and possible hidden defects, which are a consequence of the manufacturing flaws the responsibility for which is held by the product manufacturer.
- The warranty does not cover damages sustained from the external causes, such as: mechanical damages, weather conditions, improper installation, misapplication or an influence of other non-standard conditions.
- The customer is obligated to store the complained products in separated place, in conditions that do not cause its damages, malformations or other adverse effects, especially those which prevent from verifying the buyer’s claims by the seller.
The maximum time between a customer's complaint is 60 days from the time the goods are successfully received.
- Every product defect complaint, can be reported in writing (via e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] or by phone .
- Every quality complaint report should include:
- Complaint form, fully completed, with the exact description of the claimed product
- Copy of the purchase documents
- According with the terms, the seller begins the complaint procedure after receiving the fully completed and personally signed complaint form. The form should be sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- After receiving the form, the seller organises the collection of the faulty product and passes it to the experts for an opinion.
- When the product is being sent, the transport company should leave an acknowledgment to the buyer and the product value. That document is a proof of surrendering the product to the courier. If the buyer does not receive such document, it needs to be reported to the courier.
- In case the complaint is positively resolved, the seller will return the product value to the buyer. If a complaint is approved only in a certain percentage, the percentage is being deducted from a purchase amount and returned to a customer. Other claims of the buyer, which do not result from the complaint, will be excluded.
- If the complaint is discarded, the customer is obligated to cover the costs of returning the faulty product to them and possible reprocessing within 7 working days from the date of receiving the letter with the complaint result. If the customer does not mark otherwise in their complaint form, after 7 days from the day of issuing the decision the faulty product will be reprocessed and the buyer will cover the costs.
- Lack of any payment will result in court proceedings towards the buyer.
- If both parties do not agree on a common position, each party has the right to commission an expert appraisal of the faulty product by the independent institution.
- The customer will be informed about the result of his complaint by Customer Service Department, up to 2 months, via e-mail.
- 4x4tyres.ie cannot be expected to compensate any delays concerning the reparation or exchange of product.
Rules for submitting quality and quantity complaint of delivery:
- Please always check the integrity of the packaging, weight and number of packages, as well as whether the package corresponds with the order.
- Errors in quantity of the delivered product or damages of the packages must be ascertain when receiving the delivery, with the presence of transportation company representative and notified to the seller as soon as possible.
- In case the product is damaged or faulty, please do not accept the product or fill in the damage form in the presence of the courier, keep the copy of the document and inform the Customer Service Department about the situation to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
- The quantity complaint submitted to 4x4tyres.ie should include:
- Written customer statement with regard to not receiving the product, with date and package number,
- A form completed in the presence of the courier that delivered the product, which ascertains the damaged if the package is delivered damaged
- If the product was accepted without any noticeable damages to the packaging, and the lack in quantity was determined after unpacking the delivery, the Customer Service Department should be contacted as soon as possible.
- In case of any difficulties with the delivery control or if the courier refuses to complete the damage form, please write down the couriers personal data – name, surname and telephone number. Please pass those information immediately to the Customer Service Department in order for us to undertake appropriate actions.
- If no written complaint is delivered in due date, it is regarded that the customer accepted the product as a whole.
According to article 14, paragraph. 1-2 of Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) No 524/2013 from 21 May 2013, we commit ourselves to placing information on the ODR platform.
Online Dispute Resolution is intended to facilitate an independent, non-judicial settlement of disputes between consumers and traders through the Internet.
These disputes relate to contractual obligations arising from online sales or service contracts concluded between consumers living in the Union and traders established in the Union.
The consumer who would like to take advantage of the possibility of an amicable resolution to disputes concerning online purchases may submit a complaint, for example, via the EU's Internet ODR platform which is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Please also note that 4x4tyres.ie reserves the right to refuse to resolve the dispute through mediation notified via the ODR platform.
We would also like to remind the consumer that they have the right to notify any claims for purchased goods from the 4x4tyres.ie store using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No right, or licence is granted by these Terms and Conditions to the purchaser under any patent, copyright, registered design or any other industrial property right except the right to use the goods. All logos, images and graphics are property of their respective companies and are subject to copyright of the licensor. All the content on this website is subject to the law regarding copyright and other related rights. The contents of this website may not be copied, distributed, changed or made available to third parties or otherwise used. All rights reserved.
9. Final provisions
4x4tyres.ie may revise these Terms at any time. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions or part of such clauses. You can save the current Terms and Conditions now or print them for your records. Failure by 4x4tyres.ie to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any of the company’s right hereunder. 4x4tyres.ie shall not incur any liability nor shall any right accrue to the purchaser by reason of any misrepresentation arising from: printing and clerical errors or oral statements not confirmed by 4x4tyres.ie in writing.